Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Liberal Hopeful James Curran, "The What Do I Know Grit", Charged With Fraud

I hate to say I told you so, but Niagara Falls Liberal hopeful James Curran, author of the "What Do I Know Grit" blog has been charged with fraud. Read the details here. He was an accident waiting to happen from the very start. Cherniak has already started the spin cycle.

The federal Liberal party has been left scrambling after its candidate for a potential election was charged with two counts of fraud in connection with an alleged cheque-kiting scheme.

James Curran, 42, who is also president of the Niagara Falls Federal Liberal Riding Association, was to be acclaimed the party's candidate tonight at a nomination meeting. But Curran announced last night he would not be seeking the nomination...

..The longtime party worker, who runs a online blog called "What do I know Grit," was arrested yesterday afternoon at his Portage Road real estate office and charged with two counts of fraud over $5,000. It's alleged cheque-kiting place between $15,000 and $20,000 between two Niagara Falls banks. The RCMP say cheque-kiting is a fraudulent act whereby cash is recorded in more than one bank account, but in reality, the cash is either non-existent or is in transit.

5 comments:

audacious said...

go figure huh ,..

susansmith said...

Although he is obviously a train wreck, I do not wish this person any ill will. I can understand your disgust with Mr. Curran as he disrespected you.
All said and done, I hope that he is not guilty, but if he is well, what can I say.

Oxford County Liberals said...

Glad to see the presumption of innocence til proven guilty is followed over here.

How about we wait til then before declaring the "I told you so's"

uncorrectedproofs said...

Scott, Curran was a terrible candidate long before he got arrested on fraud charges. You obviously didn't follow the links... Once upon a time, Niagara Falls was winnable for the Liberals. Not anymore.

DivaRachel said...

can u please remind me who he supported in leadership? I can't remember.