Here are my political predictions for 2007:
1. Dalton McGuinty's majority government will be re-elected with a reduced majority.
2. Howard Hampton will resign as leader of the Ontario NDP.
3. Lorne Calvert's Saskatchewan NDP government will be defeated and replaced by Brad Wall's Saskatchewan Party government.
4. Gary Doer's Manitoba NDP government will be re-elected with a reduced majority.
5. The Conservatives will be re-elected (once again) in Alberta.
6. Ontario PC leader John Tory will fail to win a seat in the 2007 Ontario provincial election.
7. The Bloc Quebecois' anti strike-breaking bill will become law.
8. Andre Bosiclair's Parti Quebecois will topple Jean Charest's Liberals by winning a majority government in Quebec, despite losing the popular vote.
9. If a federal election is called:
a) Government House Leader Rob Nicholson will be narrowly defeated in his Niagara Falls riding.
b) Michael Fortier will fail to win a seat in the House of Commons.
c) The NDP caucus will shrink by at least 10%.
d) The Bloc Quebecois will maintatin its dominant position in Quebec.