Monday, January 8, 2007

Billy Ballot and the Ontario Citizens' Assembly on Electoral Reform


Billy Ballot, the mascot of the The Ontario Citizens’ Assembly on Electoral Reform, guides us through a video tutorial of the four families of electoral systems. The video is quite well done and does an good job of introducing various types of voting systems: Plurality, Majority, Proportional Representation, and Mixed Systems. I'm a fan of the mixed system myself, and as a strong proponent of electoral reform, I will do my best to attend and participate in the consultation meeting being held in my city later this. If the Citizens' Assembly hasn't already passed through your neck of the woods, make your voice heard so that we can ensure that every vote counts in the future. Here is an up-to-date schedule for public consultation.


***Read this previous post to acquire more resources on the issue of electoral reform.