Saturday, August 25, 2007

Outremont By-Election Report: Part 2






Last week, Fuddle Duddle posted some pictures of defaced election signs in Outremont. Although I saw very few signs that were vandalized, I did capture this gem of Thomas Mulcair, complete with a piece of gum on his nose.

As I explained in my previous post, I couldn't locate a single Liberal sign within a five block stretch. Instead, this type of picture is common in main intersections throughout the riding.




However, the NDP's much smaller signs are attached to almost every single post in Outremont and therefore Mulcair is hands down the winner of the sign war. Admittedly, these pictures were taken on the same street as Mulcair's campaign headquarters (pictured below). However driving through the riding would leave no doubt in the minds of the average voter that an NDP breakthrough is certainly within the realm of possibility, if not probability.


No comments: