Thursday, August 23, 2007

Outremont By-Election Report: Part 1

While exiting Montreal's Museum of Contemporary Art this evening, I noticed Jack Layton, Olivia Chow and NDP candidate Thomas Mulcair making their way up the red carpet at the World Film Festival which was taking place next door. It reminded me of the last time I was on vacation and ran into Jack Layton. The trio waved for the cameras and were smiling from ear to ear.

They certainly had reason to smile.

Earlier in the day, while walking the streets of Outremont, I noticed that NDP signs outnumbered Tory and Bloc signs by at least five to one. Within a distance of five blocks, I did not see a single Liberal sign. Outremont certainly isn't looking like a Liberal stronghold these days.

2 comments:

susansmith said...

go orange!

The Nag said...

Words I never thought I'd hear from Young Doc Savage:"While exiting Montreal's Museum of Contemporary Art this evening"